Our Flagship Project
Three large claim blocks, recently connected as a contiguous claim block.
The Silver Vista property is located in north - central British Columbia, approximately 55 km northeast of Smithers and 300 km NW of northern B.C.'s regional hub city of Prince George.
The region is served by existing transportation, power infrastructure, and is connected by CN Rail at Smithers to the deep water port at Prince Rupert.
In addition, a skilled local work force supports an active mineral exploration industry.
Phase 1: 2,590m diamond drill program is planned for summer 2017
The Silver Vista property comprises approx. 246 square kilometers (24,639 ha).
Silver Vista is a Large, district scale property extending for 32 kilometers northwest by 8 - 11 km wide.
Topography is dominated by gentle rolling hills in the SE portion, to steep rugged topography in the NW area, with elevations ranging from 480m to 2,340m.
Logging activities have been active in the southwest portion of the property, with most targets readily accessible by logging roads.
- 1990 – Keefe found three malachite – azurite breccia showings.
- 1991 – Equity Silver Mines optioned the property and conducted a soil, stream geochemistry program and trenching
- 1991-1992 – Equity Silver Mines Ltd., completed 1,252.5 meter of NQ diamond drilling in 14 holes. This is the only drilling on the Silver Vista property.
- 2009 – Metal Mountain Resources Inc., optioned the property from Amina Weicker, and completed a soil sampling program. A NW-SE trending silver anomaly defined by
values exceeding 1.5 g/t Ag. The anomaly is approximately 1,200 meters long and up to 300 meters wide and is open to the SE.
- July 2012 – Amarc Resources acquired its 100-per-cent interest in Silver Vista property from Metal Mountain Resources for $800,000.
- July 2012 – Amarc stakes 420 square kilometres of mineral claims in the Silver Vista region to cover prospective host rocks and anomalies.
- July – August 2012 – Amarc flies a 4,729 line-km airborne magnetic survey.
- July 2012 – August 2013 – Amarc completes an extensive geochemical survey over a wide area of the property. (8,325 samples)
- September 2012 – Amarc was permitted for a 14,000m diamond drill program
- 2013 – 2017 – Property sat idle due to market conditions
The Silver Vista property has excellent potential to host bulk-tonnage (open-pit) silver and copper deposits.
To date only 1,252.5 meters of drilling have been completed in 14 holes.
Seven holes returned significant silver-copper mineralization over widths up to 61 meters.
Amarc had permitted a 14,000 meter drill program.
A new network of logging roads greatly increases access to the various targets.
The recent VTEM survey (February 2017) has expanded and supported geochemical anomalous targets.
GLI has applied for a 10,000 meter drill program permit directed at the MR showing area
Phase 1 (summer 2017) will be 2,590 meters of drilling.
Initiate discussions with Native Bands in the area.
Field investigation comprising of geological mapping, prospecting, and hand trenching is recommended for the multiple Au-Ag-Cu-Zn soil anomalies in the NorthWest block. Begin drill permitting process.
Establish bulk-tonnage silver-copper resources.